Southwest Airlines has today announced the carrier will begin service to Hawaii on March 17, 2019, with an inaugural flight from Oakland International Airport (OAK) to Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL) in Honolulu, Oahu, followed by an inaugural flight from Oakland to Kahului Airport (OGG), Maui on April 7.
In subsequent weeks, the carrier will inaugurate additional service from Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC) to Honolulu on May 5 and to Kahului on May 26.
Southwest will operate its first interisland service within Hawaii between Honolulu and Kahului, four times daily in each direction, beginning April 28, followed by service between Honolulu and Ellison Onizuka International Airport at Keahole (KOA) on Hawaii Island, four times daily in each direction, beginning May 12. The additional interisland service will make possible connecting service between Kona and both Oakland and San Jose.
Additional service details, including plans for previously announced gateways of San Diego and Sacramento, and for Lihue, on Kauai, will be announced in the coming weeks.
Fare available through 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time on purchase-by dates specified above. Travel on these fares is valid only on certain days of week. Please see complete fare sale rules below.
RECAP | SOUTHWEST AIRLINES INITIAL PHASE OF SERVICE FOR HAWAII (chronologically):
- Oakland to Honolulu begins once daily on March 17, 2019; Honolulu to Oakland begins once daily on March 18; the route will be flown twice daily in each direction as of March 24.
- Oakland to Kahuluibegins once daily on April 7, 2019; Kahului to Oakland begins once daily on April 8; the route will be flown twice daily in each direction as of April 10.
- Interisland service four times daily in each direction between Honolulu and Kahului begins April 28.
- San Jose to Honolulu service begins May 5, once daily in each direction.
- Interisland service four times daily in each direction between Honolulu and Kona begins May 12.
- San Jose to Kahului service begins May 26, once daily in each direction.