Virgin Australia has made this announcement:
- Virgin Australia will relaunch services between Sydney and Canberra from January 30, 2022, using Link Airways aircraft and crew.
- The services will operate 53 times per week, with up to 9 flights per day on weekdays, adding up to 16,250 seats between the two cities each month.
- Fares can be purchased from today at virginaustralia.com
- All Virgin Australia fares include Velocity Frequent Flyer Points and up to double Status Credits^ as part of an ongoing loyalty promotion.
- Passengers can change or cancel to travel credit with no fees for all domestic travel up to 30 April 2022*.
Virgin Australia will resume flights between Sydney and Canberra from January 30, 2022, with more than 50 services available between the two capital cities each week, under an exclusive agreement with Link Airways.
The services, which were first paused in April 2020 at the height of the pandemic, will be operated using Link Airways’ SAAB 340 B Plus aircraft and crew, with up to 9 flights per weekday.
The agreement with Link Airways will extend the Virgin Australia domestic network reach into markets like Sydney-Canberra that its’ own 737-800 aircraft cannot serve effectively.
As the airline quickly ramps up capacity across domestic and short-haul international services it will continue to evaluate new destinations and opportunities to connect Australia.
Since September, Virgin Australia has launched 15 new services, some of which have never been operated in the airline’s 21-year history, as the revitalized business takes flight under new ownership.