United Airlines’ pilots are going to get a major pay increase if the new contract is approved by its members.
ALPA issued this statement:
On June 24, the United Master Executive Council representing 14,000 United Airlines pilots, as represented by the Air Line Pilots Association, Int’l (ALPA), voted to approve a tentative agreement (TA) on modified terms for their collective bargaining agreement. The TA will now be sent out to the membership for ratification. If ratified, the TA will generate an additional $1.3 billion of value for United pilots over the course of the two-year agreement. Approval by a majority of the voting membership is needed for ratification and voting closes July 15, 2022.
- No changes to the number of permitted 76, 70, or 50 seat regional aircraft or changes to job protections related to international flying
- Three pay rate increases totaling more than 14.5% within 18 months, retroactive to the start of 2022
- Enhanced overtime compensation and premium pay
- Significant improvements to reserve scheduling and pay provisions
- Improved trip construction parameters to combat pilot fatigue
- New quality of life improvements to provide increased pilot schedule flexibility
- Creation of a new tax-advantaged retirement plan
- A new 8-week paid maternity leave benefit
- Improvements to long term disability benefits
- Improved training compensation
- Enhanced instructor, evaluator, and line check pilot compensation to increase training capacity to meet United’s unprecedented hiring and growth plans
“This agreement raises the bar for all airline pilots and leads the industry forward,” said Capt. Michael Hamilton, Chair of ALPA’s United pilot group. “Our ability to reach this agreement, and the current success of United Airlines, is driven by front-line United pilots who stayed unified and focused throughout negotiations despite the incredible challenges we faced during the largest disruption in the history of aviation.”
Top Copyright Photo: United Airlines Airbus A319-131 N802UA (msn 690) IAH (Jarrod Wilkening). Image: 957963.
United Airlines aircraft photo gallery (current livery):
United Airlines aircraft photo gallery (historic liveries):