Spring Airlines Japan (Tokyo-Narita) today (August 1) as planned, launched passenger operations from Narita International Airport to Hiroshima, Saga and Takamatsu with its 189-seat Boeing 737-800s according to ZipanguFlyer.
Spring Airlines Japan (Spring Airlines Japan Company Limited) (Tokyo-Narita), which was established in October 2012 and 33 percent of the stock is owned by Spring Airlines of China, received its Air Operators Certificate (AOC) on December 17, 2013 from the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport. The remaining 67 percent of the stock is owned by local Japanese investors.
The new airline is planning to fly international flights and domestic flights starting on May 31, 2014.
According to the airline, Spring Airlines Japan will offer “cheap fares, with the aim to improve the convenience of the user and to stimulate new demand with the aim of development of the business, not only in tourism but will continue to contribute to the revitalization of the local economy.”
The airline will utilize 189-seat Boeing 737-800 aircraft (above).
Domestically the low-fare airline will operate from Narita Airport to Takamatsu and Saga to Hiroshima.
Copyright Photo: Rick Schlamp/AirlinersGallery.com. The pictured Boeing 737-81D N272LM (msn 39429) was delivered as JA01GR on July 17, 2013 and has been used to obtain the AOC.
Spring Airlines Japan (Tokyo-Narita) as the new low-cost subsidiary of Spring Airlines (Shanghai), has been approved by Japan’s MLIT for a launch of scheduled passenger operations. However the new airline is now planning to commence operations in late 2013 or early 2014 according to CAPA. The new airline is planning to operate domestic routes initially from Narita Airport to Hiroshima, Kumamoto and Takamatsu. The airline previously was hoping to start operations in the spring of 2013 and the first Boeing 737-800 was prepared for delivery.
Spring Airlines is the largest low-cost carrier in China and operates over 50 international and domestic routes covering a network of more than 30 cities across China, Japan and Thailand. Spring Airlines is the aviation subsidiary of Shanghai Spring International Travel Service.
Copyright Photo: Rick Schlamp/AirlinersGallery.com. Unlike the parent which operates Airbus A320s, Spring Airlines Japan will operate Boeing 737-800s. The Japanese subsidiary also has a different livery. Boeing 737-81D N272LM (msn 39429) will be delivered as JA01GR.