JetBlue Airways (New York) has issued the following announcement concerning new online content partners:
JetBlue Airways is partnering with content providers Coursera, FOX, HarperCollins Publishers, National Geographic, Rouxbe and Time Inc. to offer customers more free content than any other U.S carrier in the sky. The Fly-Fi Hub is the new gateway to JetBlue’s Fly-Fi offering, the fastest Wi-Fi in the sky, and went live this morning (November 24). Available to JetBlue customers via their own personal device, it will offer a wide range of entertainment options such as some of the most popular TV shows from FOX and National Geographic, ebook samples from HarperCollins, e-learning videos from Coursera and Rouxbe and the option to purchase magazines from Time Inc.’s portfolio.
In the next phase of JetBlue’s Fly-Fi Hub, due to roll out first quarter 2015, additional content from PBS, Random House and the Wall Street Journal will be added. PBS will primarily provide childrens content, while the Wall Street Journal will allow customers onboard full complementary access to wsj.com whilst onboard.
Content available on the Fly-Fi Hub as of today:
1. 10 e-learning videos from Coursera, including courses from Berklee School of Music, University of Edinburgh and Wharton Business School;
2. Some of FOX’s most popular TV shows, including Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Gotham, New Girl and Sleepy Hollow;
3. Excerpts from more than 20 bestselling books published by HarperCollins including The Heist by Daniel Silva, I Must Say by Martin Short, Flesh and Blood by Patricia Cornwell, Yes Please by Amy Poehler and Endgame: The Calling by James Frey and Nils Johnson-Shelton
4. National Geographic shows, including Brain Games, Ultimate Survival Alaska and Wicked Tuna;
5. A number of learning videos from Rouxbe focusing on cooking, with the opportunity for a free trial once at home; and
6. Time Inc.’s full array of monthly magazines including InStyle, Real Simple, Southern Living, Essence, Health, Travel + Leisure, People en Español and Golf. Time Inc.’s weekly magazines will be available in 2015.
The content on JetBlue’s Fly-Fi Hub will be uniquely available both online and offline, making all programming available on all Fly-Fi equipped aircraft. Approximately 20 Fly-Fi equipped aircraft are expected to offer the Fly-Fi Hub by the end of November, with all of JetBlue’s 97 Fly-Fi equipped aircraft by the end of the year.
JetBlue launched Fly-Fi, the fastest Wi-Fi among all U.S. airlines, last year, which is currently available on 88 aircraft, with the number of Fly-Fi enabled aircraft increasing each week. JetBlue is now the only airline in the world to offer free live television at every seat and free high-speed Wi-Fi. The new Fly-Fi Portal will serve as a content hub where customers can access a wide range of movies, television shows and additional content from their own personal devices.
Copyright Photo: Michael B. Ing/AirlinersGallery.com. Airbus A320-232 N532JB (msn 1123) lands in Long Beach in the original 1999 Stripes livery. It has now been repainted in the Blueberries tail motif.
JetBlue Airways aircraft slide show: