American Airlines (Dallas/Fort Worth) and US Airways (Phoenix) continue to negotiate a very delicate merger proposal that could fall apart at any time. Negotiators are rushing to meet a February 15 deadline according to this report by the Wall Street Journal. The proposal, according to their sources, would be a stock deal with AMR’s creditors holding 72 percent of the new company and US Airways stockholders holding the other 28 percent. US Airways’ Doug Parker would take control of the “new American”. Still to be resolved, what role will American’s CEO Tom Horton play?
This merger, if approved, will create the world’s largest airline.
Read the full article: CLICK HERE
Read the analysis of a prospective AA-US merger by the WSJ: CLICK HERE
Top Copyright Photo: James Helbock. With US Airways’ CEO Doug Parker taking control, was the American new livery approved by Doug? Will this new brand survive the takeover? The first Boeing 737-800, 737-823 N908NN (msn 39238), taxies to the runway at San Diego.
Bottom Copyright Photo: Jay Selman. The US Airways’ 2005 livery and brand will be phased out in any merger. Airbus A321-231 N535UW (msn 3993) climbs away from the runway at the Charlotte hub.