Norwegian Air Shuttle (Norwegian.com) (Oslo) has launched the first airline onboard service that makes it possible for a passenger to rent a wide selection of movies and TV shows on board. The service is available on the 60 aircraft that has the Internet installed.
Norwegian’s Internet service has given the travelers a sea of possibilities: reading and writing email, update Facebook status, read the news and check the weather at the arrival destination. Norwegian passengers can now rent movies and TV shows directly to their e-reader, smart phone or laptop device on Norwegian’s 60 aircraft that are equipped with wireless Internet. Norwegian is the first airline in Europe to offer this service.
The service has been tested on selected flights for several months and the customer response has been very positive.
Facts about the new service:
- 40 films and 130 TV programs
- Streamed directly to the passenger’s e-reader, smartphone or laptop
- Streamed on a separate network on board so it does not affect the Internet speed for other passengers
- 7 euros for hiring of 1 film
- 7 euro for free access to all television programs for 24 hours
Passengers can access:
- Log in to Norwegian’s wireless network board
- Choose entertainment portal for movies and TV shows
- Select movies and TV shows
- Pay with a debit or credit card
Top Copyright Photo: Stefan Sjogren. Norwegian Air Shuttle’ Boeing 737-8JP WL LN-DYU (msn 39008) (Jorn Utzon) with special “Wireless Internet on Board” titles arrives at Stockholm (Arlanda).
Bottom Copyright Photo: Norwegian.