Virgin Australia has made this announcement:
- Virgin Australia will juggle its network schedule to launch two new routes in time for the September school holiday period.
- The new direct services will go on sale from today with introductory one-way Economy sale fares starting from $59 until midnight this Friday 13 August or until sold out.
- Sale fares are available for select travel dates between September 2021 and June 2022.
- Last chance for Velocity Frequent Flyer members to earn double Status Credits on eligible new bookings for travel up to 28 June 2022 with the offer ending midnight tomorrow (Tuesday 10 August).
- Sales fares are available to be booked using travel credits and Future Flight credits.
- Booking flexibility to change or cancel to travel credit with no fees, available for travel up to 28 February 2022
Virgin Australia will introduce two new direct services ahead of the September school holidays as the airline pivots its network schedule to reconnect Australia in new ways.
The new services, focussed on markets with open borders, include the resumption of flights between Adelaide – Darwin from 6 September and the introduction of a brand-new direct service, never before operated in the airline’s 21-year history, between Adelaide – Launceston, commencing on 7 September.
To kickstart the launch of the services, Virgin Australia is offering the following one-way Economy sale fares from today until midnight this Friday 13 August or until sold-out:
- Adelaide – Launceston//Launceston – Adelaide from $59
- Adelaide – Darwin//Darwin – Adelaide from $119
And for customers looking to travel at the pointy end, Virgin Australia will continue to sell their great value Business Class fares on these services:
- Adelaide – Launceston//Launceston – Adelaide from $299
- Adelaide – Darwin//Darwin – Adelaide from $529
Along with checked baggage and seat selection included in all airfares, Virgin Australia is also offering double Velocity Frequent Flyer Status Credits on all new eligible bookings (excluding Getaway fares) made by midnight tomorrow (Tuesday 10 August).
Virgin Australia customers who hold travel credits or Future Flight credits are also encouraged to take advantage of the great value fares which are expected to sell-out quickly.